Membership Application Process
Prior to joining Crumlin, there is a mandatory Club Orientation & Safety Tour that you (including family members, if you want a Family Membership) must attend, the tour takes 90 to 120 minutes to complete. During the tour you will be acquainted with our facilities and all of our rules, regulations and obligations of membership. At the end of the tour, you will be given a temporary ID and password slip. (One-time use that expires 7 days after tour) Using the temporary ID, you create a membership profile on our database. Once that is done,select a membership type and pay on-line using a credit card. If you don't have a credit card, a computer, etc, please discuss options with the club rep at the end of the tour.
At the end of the tour, you will be told when you can come and pick up your card. It is
generally on the Saturday following the tour from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM in the club office.
Your tour guide will confirm this with you. You are not a member until you actually receive your membership card.
You should note that members are obligated to perform a minimum of 8 hours per year of volunteer time at the club. It can be done on a clean-up day or doing other duties throughout the year.
Membership Classes and Types
Memberships expire 12 months after the month you join. For example, if you joined on March 15th, 2020, your membership would expire on April 30, 2021.
Crumlin offers four Classes of Membership
- Archery Only - use of the Archery field and the 3D woodland trail
- Clays Only - allows you to shoot trap, skeet and 5-stand
- General - use of all ranges, clays, rifle, black powder, archery, air-pistol. Limited access to action ranges.
- Handgun RF—Required to use handguns and restricted rifles at the club. It includes the use of all ranges, plus access to pistol target boards. Limited access to action ranges.
Types of memberships: Rates are also based on age, or family
- Family - member & spouse, children 17 and under, all living at the same address.
- Adult - 25 to 64
- Senior - 65+
- Youth - 18 to 24
- Junior - 17 and under
- An initiation fee based on age and/or family is charged when you join. The initiation fee is applied to lapsed memberships.
You are required to be member of Canadian Shooting Sports Association (CSSA) so you have primary shooting liability insurance. It provides $5,000,000. It is paid with your membership. There are many benefits to joining CSSA. See CSSA website for more information.