PPC - Practical Pistol Competition
PPC is the acronym for Practical Pistol Competition formerly
called Police Pistol Combat.
PPC is shot Monday nights starting at
6:00. We alternate weeks. IDPA & PPC.
During the winter we shoot inside (Range 1) and outside on Range 5
during the summer. Holsters are used and you must complete a PPC Safety
and Holster course prior to shooting PPC. Current Black Badge Holders are
not required to take the course.
shooting at targets from different distances (7, 15, 25 and simulated 50
yards), under various time limits and from a variety of shooting positions
(standing, kneeling, sitting, prone). In PPC, the shooter does
not walk or run with the firearm. The focus is on accuracy within the defined
course of fire for a 60 round match is:
- 12 shots in 20 seconds standing at 7 yards
- 18 shots in 90 second, 6 left hand kneeling, 6 right hand kneeling, 6 standing at 15 yds
- 24 shots in 2 minutes 45 seconds: 6 sitting, 6 prone, 6 left
hand behind the barricade, 6 right hand behind the barricade at 25 yards
- 6 shots in 12 seconds standing at 25 yards
PPC You Require:
- Handgun of 9mm or greater---semi-automatic or revolver
- Holster which covers the trigger of the gun
- 4 magazines or 4 speed loaders, minimum needed
- Inner / Outer "Competition Belt" designed for a holster and 4 magazine/speed loaders
- Experience and familiarity with your gun is mandatory.
- Prior to training, you must attend a PPC session to get familiar with the sport and discuss the gear required.
- You must successfully complete a holster PPC Training Course
The course teaches a combination of
safety and proficiency with shooting and using a holster and in the various
shooting positions required for PPC. The initial training is
2 hours which includes classroom training, practice with a Dummy gun, followed by live live fire on a range.
Following the initial training you must:
- demonstrate gun handing skills
- shoot 12 out of 12 shots on a target at 25 yards
- [Recommend you be able to do this before you take the training. Practice on your own time prior to taking the course from fixed firing line without holster]
QUESTIONS: Please contact the PPC prime at firstname.lastname@example.org or
come out on a Monday evening and observe and ask questions.